Refunds and cancellations are subject to certain conditions. Please read carefully to understand our policies.
To request a refund for any reason, you must make your request within 7 days of delivery.
Please let us know as soon as possible if your order—
- Is missing items that you were charged for on the final receipt
- Contains damaged, spoiled, or otherwise unusable items
Refunds are processed immediately, but it may take 5-10 business days to see the funds in your bank or credit card account, depending on your bank. You won't see refunds in your Instacart account.
You can see any Instacart credits in the Credits, promos & gift cards section of your Instacart account. Credits will automatically apply during checkout on your next order.
You have the option of taking the item back to the store with your digital Instacart receipt. The return will be subject to the store’s return policies, which vary by retailer.
Cancelling an order
You can cancel an order for a full refund without any additional fees at any time before a shopper begins shopping.
On the website—
- At the top right, click either Account or Hi, [Your Name]
- Click Your Orders
- Click View order detail on the relevant order
- Click Manage Order, then Cancel my order
On the app—
- Tap the 3 stacked horizontal lines in the upper left-hand corner
- Tap Your Orders
- Select the order you want to cancel
- On the order page, scroll down to Manage order
- Tap Cancel this order
When you cancel an order during the shopping or delivery processes, you may be charged a cancellation fee of up to $15. To cancel after shopping has begun, reach out to Instacart Care by selecting Contact Us at the bottom of any article.