At Instacart, we believe everybody deserves access to the food they love. Here’s how Instacart works—
Ready to get started? To place an order on your mobile device—
- Set up an account and check your zip code to make sure we deliver in your area.
- Under Your Stores, swipe through the available stores and double tap on the store at which you want to shop.
- Double tap the Explore tab at the bottom of your screen, where you can pick a category to shop and add items to your cart. You can also double tap the search field to find what you want.
- Once you find the item, double tap it to open the product page. Here, find the description of the item, as well as Featured Products, Related Items, and other products with which the item is often bought.
- Use the quantity chooser if you want more than 1 of that item. When you’re ready, swipe right then double tap Add to Cart to add the item to your cart.
- If the item is running low, double tap Approve to approve the potential replacement, double tap Other option to find a different potential replacement, or double tap the dismiss button so the shopper will message you if a replacement is needed.
- Find your shopping cart with the number of items you shopped in the top right-hand corner of your screen. Double tap on the cart to—
- View, add, or remove any items,
- Add any special instructions for your shopper.
- When you have everything you need, double tap on the Go to Checkout button.
- Swipe right to review checkout details. Choose your address then double tap on the delivery time to set up.
- Swipe right to leave delivery instructions if there is a specific place at your address you’d like your order delivered. You can leave instructions if the shopper needs more detail to find your location such as a gate code for an apartment complex.
- Swipe right to confirm your phone number, payment method, and items.
- Double tap on the delivery tip option to change your driver’s tip. Your shopper receives 100% of the tip.
- Swipe right for your subtotal, fees, taxes, and order total.
- If you have a promo code, double tap Add promo code to enter your code. Then, double tap Redeem to apply to your order.
- When you’re satisfied with your order, double tap the Place order button.
You’ll receive updates about your order’s status. During the process, we notify you if any items are out-of-stock so you can swipe through a list of replacements.
You can swipe through to see the shopped items and double tap the chat bubble icon to communicate with your shopper through the in-app chat.
We notify you when your order finishes, and when the shopper is on the way with your delivery. You will receive a notification when your order has arrived.
Need further assistance? Contact us at 1–844–981–3433, daily from 8am-11pm EST.
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org with comments concerning Instacart’s accessibility.