How Instacart Works
- Getting started with Instacart
- Who does the shopping?
- Service areas
- Delivery hours
- Stores we deliver from
- Create your account
- Instacart Express
- Instacart Gift Cards
- Delivery for the office
- Refer your friends and family
- About Accessibility
- Become an Instacart shopper
- Careers at Instacart
- Terms of Service
- Submit a manufacturer brand image
- Press inquiries
- Information for Law Enforcement Requests
- Instacart "February 2019 Survey" Gift Card Sweepstakes Official Rules
Getting started with Instacart
Save yourself that trip to the market — Instacart delivers groceries in as little as an hour! We connect you with Personal Shoppers in your area to shop and deliver groceries from your favorite stores.
Shopping with Instacart is easy!
1. Shop your favorite local grocery stores
2. Schedule a delivery
Have your groceries delivered in as little as an hour! You can also have them delivered later in the day or week.
3. Get groceries delivered to you!
Shop through Instacart, pickup at store.
With our Pickup option, you shop on Instacart, choose a pickup time, then pick up your groceries at the store! Available at select locations.
Who does the shopping?
Instacart Personal Shoppers fulfill your orders from the store you've chosen. Your Personal Shopper will pick your produce, carefully select all your items, and handle any items that are out of stock.
We Know Produce
Personal Shoppers handpick your produce at the store. You can even leave a note for your Personal Shopper about ripeness.
Personal Shoppers go out of their way to select the best available items. They pay close attention to expiration dates and carefully handle delicate items like eggs and bottles.
If an item you order is out of stock, your Personal Shopper will make an appropriate replacement and contact you to verify it.
We deliver in many cities across the country! To see if we deliver in your area:
- Visit our locations page
- Enter your zip code
Instacart doesn't deliver to my post code. How can I get orders from you?
Although we may not offer service in your zip code now, we could expand to your area soon! To be notified when we start offering service in your zip code:
- Go to our locations page
- Enter your zip code
- Click Get notified when we expand to your area
Our delivery windows start as early as 9am and run as late as midnight, depending on your local store hours. Delivery hours are subject to store operating hours, including holidays.
You can view available delivery times for your store from the store page and shopping cart.
How quickly can you deliver to me?
Many customers choose to have delivery in the next 2 hours, while others opt to schedule their delivery up to 6 days in advance.
Stores we deliver from
Instacart Shoppers shop from local stores in your area.
Visit our locations page. Scroll down to see a list of available areas. Selecting the area name will display a list of stores we deliver from in that area.
How often do you add new stores?
We actively pursue opportunities to offer new stores on the Instacart marketplace, and will continue to grow in the coming months. You can subscribe to Sales and Marketing updates to be notified via email if we start shopping at a new store; or follow us on Twitter or Instagram or Facebook.
Instacart is an independent business and is not necessarily affiliated with, or endorsed or sponsored by specific retailers mentioned on this website.
Create your account
You can create an account by visiting instacart.ca! Use your email address, Google, or Facebook authentication to sign up.
How many accounts can I have?
Only one personal account is permitted per person or household. Secondary accounts used for business purposes are acceptable.
Accounts are not limited to one delivery address, or even one area! Entering a new delivery address when you log in will provide you with store options for that area.
Use of any account you create will be subject to our Terms of Service.
With Instacart Express, you get unlimited free delivery on all orders over $35!
Log in and visit Account > Instacart Express to view pricing, sign up, and manage your membership settings.
*Free delivery subject to availability; $35 min. order. Service fee and taxes still apply. For full terms and conditions, please visit the Instacart Express Terms and Conditions.
To cancel your Instacart Express membership renewal, follow these steps.
Instacart Gift Cards
Make someone's day by giving the gift of home grocery delivery!
You can purchase and send an Instacart Gift Card right from your account:
- Double check to make sure we deliver to the person you're buying the gift card for! Visit our service area page and enter their zip code.
- On a computer, log into your Instacart account
- Select Account > Buy Gift Card
- In the Amount section, select the amount for the gift card
- Select your payment method
- In the To field, enter the email address of the recipient.*
- Personalize your card with a message, if you’d like.
When you're ready to buy the gift card, click the green Purchase button
Your recipient will receive an email with instructions on how to use their Instacart Gift Card.
* Note: the Gift Card will only apply to an account with a matching email address. If the recipient does not have an Instacart account, they will need to create one. You may want to confirm the recipient’s Instacart account email before purchase.
Instacart Gift Card is issued by Maplebear Inc. dba Instacart. The Gift Card is non-expiring and no fees related to its use are imposed. Use of the gift card is subject to the Terms of Service of Instacart and cannot be used to purchase alcohol products or other gift cards. Gift Card valid only in the United States and can only be used with one Instacart account. Gift Card may not be sold, copied, modified, or transferred, reloaded, or redeemed for cash, except to the extent required by law. Instacart reserves the right to void Gift Cards (including as a component of your Gift Card balance), close customer accounts, and bill alternative forms of payment if Instacart suspects that a Gift Card is obtained, used, or applied to an Instacart account fraudulently, unlawfully, or otherwise in violation of these terms and Instacart's Terms of Service. Instacart is not a retailer or seller. Instacart may not be available in all zip codes. Gift Card balance may be checked in the Instacart account it is used with or via Instacart Community Support.
Delivery for the office
Shop for the office without leaving your desk! Instacart offers same-day delivery or advanced scheduling for weekly supplies or special events.
When placing an office or other commercial delivery order, we recommend you add the following information in the delivery instructions:
- Your building/floor/suite information
- Name and phone number for the delivery contact (if different than the account number and/or name on account)
- On-site or nearby parking information
- Security requirements for building or parking entry
We also recommend you alert your security/desk agent/loading dock security before delivery.
We also recommend you alert your security/desk agent/loading dock security before delivery.
For help adding delivery instructions to your order, click here.
How do I obtain a Certificate of Insurance for my business deliveries?
To inquire about a Certificate of Insurance (COI), please contact Community Support. Be sure to include your COI requirements in your message.
Refer your friends and family
Send your friends and family Instacart credit and earn Instacart credit! To see all of the options:
In the app:
- Tap the Account icon
- Tap Invite Friends
- Connect your contacts by tapping Invite your contacts, OR
- Share your referral link by tapping Share with...
On a computer:
- Log in and click Account
- In the drop down menu, click Your account
- On the account page, tap Refer your friends
- Share your referral information by entering the email address of your invitee.
You can refer up to 5 friends or family members. The referral credit will appear once their first delivery is complete.
Some restrictions may apply. Please see our Terms page for more information.
Instacart is committed to making its electronic and information technologies accessible to individuals with disabilities. To ensure that our platform is available to the broadest possible audience, we build to the following guidelines:
We have taken the necessary steps to optimize Instacart.com, native applications, and applicable "Powered by Instacart" sites for WCAG 2.0 A & AA accessibility guidelines. Additionally, all platforms are continuously tested to ensure content is accessible to the broadest possible audience.
If you have comments concerning this website’s accessibility, please contact us at the email address email@example.com
If you are experiencing immediate difficulty navigating the website and require additional assistance, please contact our dedicated toll free accessibility number at (888) 317-8968. Please note that we will be unable to take credit card information over the phone.
Careers at Instacart
We're constantly growing our amazing Instacart team! Please visit our career opportunities page for all current openings.
Terms of Service
Access our Terms of Service here.
Submit a manufacturer brand image
We strive to provide customers with accurate and high quality images for all products listed on Instacart.
Our retailers set our assortment, but we are always collecting new photos and content for our stores. If you are a brand with images you'd like to share with Instacart, please use this form.
Content is regularly updated within eight business days. However, product content will only be displayed if the products are currently listed in our retailer assortments and if the content meets our guidelines listed in the form. Instacart cannot guarantee the use of your image or addition of your product to our catalog and does not provide confirmation of usage.
Information for Law Enforcement Requests
This page is intended for law enforcement personnel only and sets forth the guidelines that Instacart applies when we receive requests from law enforcement personnel seeking records about Instacart users. Information on this page may change from time to time and is intended for informational purposes only.
If you are a law enforcement representative seeking information from Instacart, you can email us legal process at LER@instacart.com. Instacart does not waive proper service. If you are not law enforcement personnel, please do not send email to this email address.
Instacart "February 2019 Survey" Gift Card Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. These Official Rules govern the Instacart “February 2019 Survey” Gift Card Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) offered by Maplebear Canada Inc. dba Instacart (“Sponsor”).
- Sweepstakes Period: Sweepstakes begins at February 6, 2019 at 12:01 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends at February 28, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- Eligibility: Open to all legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec residents), who have reached the age of majority in their province/territory of residence at time of entry. Employees of Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and the immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each such employee are not eligible. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law.
Method of Entry
- There is only one method of entry into the Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period. Each eligible entrant may submit only one (1) entry during the Sweepstakes Period by completing and sending Sponsor’s February 2019 Survey sent to Entrant via e-mail prior to the end of the Sweepstakes Period. All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor. None will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. The Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or otherwise incomplete entries, all of which will not be honored.
- Limit: Subsequent attempts made by the same individual to submit entries beyond the above-stated limits, for example, by using multiple or false contact information or otherwise, will be disqualified. Entries generated by a script, computer program, macro, robotic or other automated means are void and will be disqualified. Entries that are in excess of the stated limit, incomplete, false, late or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules will be disqualified. Entrant must be the registered subscriber of the e-mail account by which the entry is made. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account (as specified by the Internet Service Provider) used to enter the Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. Entries made by any individual or any entity other than the named entrant and/or originating at any other website or method of entry, including (but not limited to) commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites are void. All materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. The Sponsor’s clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes.
- Drawing: One (1) winner will be selected in a random drawing on or about 3/7/2019. All decisions of the Sponsor are final. Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received. Prizes consist of only those items specifically described as included in the prize. All fees, federal, provincial, state and other taxes, costs and expenses relating to the use, acceptance and possession of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- There is one (1) prize available to be won. The winner will receive a CAD $200 Visa Gift Card. No cash equivalent available and prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any listed prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Any portion of the prize not accepted or unclaimed and/or unused by the winner will be forfeited and will not be substituted and no additional compensation will be provided. Gift Card subject to terms and conditions.
- TOTAL APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE OF ALL PRIZES AVAILABLE in this Sweepstakes:CAD $200.
- Notification: Potential winners will be notified by e-mail. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within seven (7) days of notification, does not timely respond, does not correctly answer a mathematical skill testing question, or if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner will be disqualified and prize will be forfeited, and an alternate potential winner may be randomly selected. Upon prize forfeiture, no payment or other compensation will be made to the original potential winner. Recipient of a notification, must correctly answer a mathematical skill testing question and sign and return a declaration of eligibility and a liability and publicity release within seven (7) days of acceptance or an alternate potential winner may be selected. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may award the prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining entries. No substitution, exchange or transfer of prize except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted.
- Release: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, including the interpretation of these Official Rules and its exercise of discretion, which will be final and binding in all respects. Entrants are solely responsible for their own actions and agree to hold harmless Sponsor and its respective parent, subsidiaries, divisions and related companies, together with and the respective officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, assigns and licensees of each of them, and those companies supplying prizes (collectively the “Released Parties”) from any liability for losses, damages or injuries arising in connection with their participation in the Sweepstakes or the award or use of a prize.
- Publicity: Acceptance of a prize constitutes consent to Sponsor's use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and province for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, (including but not limited to internet and television broadcast) without further consent or compensation except where prohibited.
- General Conditions: Sponsor and each of its affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission of any Sweepstakes-related website; failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems or human error; printing or other errors. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes for any reason and without notice, including in the event that it becomes necessary due to circumstances beyond Sponsor's control. In the event the Sweepstakes is terminated early, a potential winner may be selected from all eligible entries received at the time of termination.
- Disputes: The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and, by entering, winner and entrants hereby submit to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in San Francisco, California. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE RELATED TO SPONSOR OR THE SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW
- Official Rules: Official Rules also available at https://www.instacart.com/help/section/360000175106
For a copy of these Official Rules please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of this sweepstakes in the subject line.
Sponsor: Maplebear Canada Inc. dba Instacart, 504 Wellington Street, West, Suite 200, Toronto, ON M5V1E3.